The clock tower at Firestone Farms will arrive on October 4, 2016 at 8:00 AM. Standing three stories tall, the Firestone clock tower is made to resemble a 1930’s, small-town clock, and will be the heart and soul of Town Center at Firestone Farms. It is set in the middle of a quaint space within Town Center, creating a nostalgic atmosphere for patrons strolling among shops, restaurants, and businesses.
The manufacturing of such clocks was a thriving industry in the 14th and 15th centuries, and, although clock towers are mostly admired for their aesthetics, they once served an important purpose. Before the middle of the 20th century, most people did not have watches, and prior to the 18th century even home clocks were uncommon. In order for townspeople to have access to the time, clock towers were placed near town centers, and were often the tallest structures in the area.
Today, many original town center clocks are famous landmarks – for instance, Elizabeth Tower built in 1859, which houses the Great Bell (generally known as Big Ben) in London, and the Torre dell’Orologio in the Piazza San Marco in Venice, Italy.
Town Center at Firestone Farms is inspired by the legacy of Harvey S. Firestone, who proudly called Columbiana, and this property in particular, his home. In honoring that heritage and revolutionary spirit, the Firestone Farms community will transform Firestone’s original homestead into the premier development property in the tri-county area.
Firestone Farms is located less than 10 miles from the Boardman/Poland/Canfield areas, and is within 60 miles of both Pittsburgh and Cleveland. The property is situated in the heart of Columbiana County, which is one of the fastest growing counties in eastern Ohio, and numerous businesses will be opening onsite over the course of the next few months.